Offered within the framework of the Video Mapping European Center activities
November 2018 > March 2019
The Video Mapping Festival is the main event of the Video Mapping European Center, which aims to support the development of the video mapping sector in Europe, and particularly in the Hauts-de-France Region.
The goals of the Video Mapping European Center are:
• Produce reference data in order to have a better understanding of the sector's evolution (economic, artistic, etc.) and encourage research through creation.
• Train young talents and support artists in developing their careers.
• Promote video mapping and the opportunities it offers to potential sponsors.
• Encourage public encounters with video mapping works, develop cultural activities and visual image education around the medium.
• Facilitate the networking of professionals and stakeholders in the sector.
Several actions are organised :
• A research effort, carried out with the DeVisu laboratory of the Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France.
• Training/workshops/educational workshops for various audiences.
• Creative and prototyping residencies.
• Events: Video Mapping Contest, Video Mapping Festival.
• Support for professional development in association with a production cooperative
► In order to train tomorrow’s talents, the Video Mapping Festival offers workshops for animation or video game international students and professionals.
+ more info here
► IBSIC - Image Beyond the Screen International Conference - offers each year an annual event with international mapping great names, and facilitates networking of professionals and actors of the mapping sector.
+ more info here
► As part of the Festival, Rencontres Audiovisuelles welcomed last November around 25 artists in Arenberg Creative Mine, during a creation residency bringing together video mapping, animation, and digital artists, researchers etc. in order to produce the original works that will be presented during the Opening night.
The artists have then worked remotely while receiving an artistic and technical support.
Discover their creations:
> Monument video mapping - Palais des Beaux-Arts, Lille - 29th of March
> Monument video mapping - Crédit Mutuel Nord Europe, Lille - 29th of March
> Immersive video mapping - Salle du Conclave, Palais Rihour, Lille - 29th of March
> Object video mapping - Goddess Column, Grand’Place, Lille - 29th of March
> Interactive immersive video mapping - Inner courtyard of the Vieille Bourse, Lille - 29th of March
> Monument video mapping - Lille Flandres Train Station - 29th of March
> Video mapping walk - Mairie de Lille area - 29th of March
> Video mapping & live show - Hallway of the City Hall, Lille - 29th of March
> Micro mapping on plants - Rue du Réduit, Lille - 29th of March
> Micro mapping - Bridge of the Porte de Paris, Lille - 29th of March
Organised by Rencontres Audiovisuelles, as part of the Video Mapping European Center.
With the support of the European Union (Europe is committed to the Hauts-de-France Region through the European Regional Development Fund)), the Hauts-de-France Region, the Communauté d’Agglomération de La Porte du Hainaut, the DeVisu laboratory of the Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France, Arenberg Creative Mine and the City of Wallers-Arenberg.
The artists will present their work and will come back to the creation residencies during a meeting at L’hybride, on Saturday 30th of March, at 6:30 pm.
Meeting with the artists of the video mapping tour in Lille
Saturday 30th of March - 6:30 pm > 9 pm
L’hybride - 18 rue Gosselet, Lille
+ more info here